Sociology and Anthropology
The Bachelor of Science is advisable for those who wish to signal social science expertise with training in statistics while the Bachelor of Arts designates a blending of the social sciences with courses in the humanities for a more traditional liberal arts education.
Department Learning Outcomes
Majors will be able to:
- Understand disciplinary (anthropological, sociological, and/or criminological) concepts, theories and methods.
- Apply disciplinary concepts to real life conditions.
- Examine critically social issues of importance.
- Make reasoned arguments based on social facts.
- Develop disciplinarily informed research questions.
- Interpret already analyzed data to generate conclusions.
- Collect, analyze, and present quantitative and qualitative data.
- Communicate disciplinary information clearly in writing and in oral communication.
- Demonstrate the ability to use skills and proficiencies (basic knowledge, perspectives, communication, critical thinking, and verstehen) in an applied setting.
- Foster imaginations that envision a more just society.