International Student: Will attend Nebraska Wesleyan University on a student visa.
Requirements for Admission:
Nebraska Wesleyan admits undergraduate international students based on:
- Strength of academic transcripts,
- Minimum of high school diploma/certificate of completion, and
- Minimum English proficiency exam score, when English is not the student’s primary language
Deadline for receipt of application materials listed below is July 1 for Fall semester and October 1 for Spring semester
- Application for admission - complete NWU's online app or the Common App
- Nebraska Wesleyan Financial Certification form (sent via email following submission of application)
- Official bank statement or scholarship letter showing needed funding
- Certified copy of high school and/or university transcripts (translated by certified person)
- Certified copy of high school diploma or certificate of high school completion (translated by certified person)
- Official score from one of the following English language tests, when English is not applicant’s primary language:
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
Institution code: 6470
Minimum score: Paper test-525; Computer test-197; Internet test-71
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Minimum Score: 5.5
Society of Testing English Proficiency (STEP) Eiken
Minimum Score: Pre-1 Level
Mail Financial Certification form, financial documents, transcripts, and other required materials to:
Vice President for Student Enrollment
Nebraska Wesleyan University
5000 Saint Paul Avenue
Lincoln, NE 68504-2794
For more information contact Bill at:
800.541.3818 ext 2100 or email@example.com
- Upon acceptance at Nebraska Wesleyan University, international students must submit a $1,000 US deposit, which is applied to their first year tuition. The Office of Global Engagement will issue an I-20 form after the deposit is received. Additional information regarding the deposit and immigration documents will be included with the formal letter of acceptance.
- To facilitate their cultural and linguistic adjustment, international students live in our residence halls. All students are required to live in campus housing until they reach senior standing or until they are 21 years of age.
- International students are required to pay tuition, fees, room and board at the beginning of each semester.
- International students are required to be continuously enrolled in a health insurance plan subscribed to by Nebraska Wesleyan University.
- International students eligible for Nebraska Wesleyan University scholarships based on SAT scores should forward those scores to the Admissions Office if they wish to be considered.
EducationUSA centers are the U.S. State Department's network of hundreds of advising centers in 180 countries designed to assist local students with finding the appropriate college or university in the United States. Visit EducationUSA to find your center!