The following certificates are offered at Nebraska Wesleyan University through the Adult Undergraduate program:
The following requirements apply:
- To begin a certificate program, any program admission requirements must be met.
- All certificates requires a minimum of 12 credit hours (refer to requirements of the specific certificate, as some certificates may require more credit hours). All requirements must be met, unless specific credits are waived or substituted by the program coordinator.
- Credit from another institution(s) may transfer to Nebraska Wesleyan to apply toward the certificate. Transfer of credit must be approved by program coordinator and requires a grade of "C-" or better. No more than 50% of the required certificate requirements may be met by transfer credit.
- A minimum GPA of 2.00 with a minimum grade of "C-" in courses meeting the certificate is required.
- Credits used toward a certificate may be counted toward a baccalaureate degree at Nebraska Wesleyan. However, a student may not earn a minor in the same discipline as her/his certificate.
Certificate Completion Verification
Nebraska Wesleyan transcripts certify completion of certificates and a certificate document is distributed to students. Certificate completion is not recognized at NWU commencement ceremony; students earning a certificate are not eligible to participate in commencement, unless also earning a degree.