First-Year Student: In high school and planning to graduate this year or has attained a GED. Has not attended college elsewhere as a degree-seeking student.
Requirements for Admission:
The following must be submitted to be considered:
- Application for admission – complete NWU's online app or the Common App
- High School transcript
- ACT/SAT score
Recommendations for Admission:
In addition to the requirements for admission, Nebraska Wesleyan University recommends applicants take a rigorous college preparatory curriculum and supplement their application with evaluations and recommendations.
The following are preferred but not required for admission:
- 4 years of high school English,
- 4 years of mathematics,
- 3 years of the same foreign language,
- 3 years of laboratory science, and
- 3 years of social studies.
Evaluations and recommendations from teachers an applicant had as a junior or senior are prioritized because they are most familiar with the student’s writing, analytical, and quantitative abilities. Participation in activities, honors, and awards as indicators of involvement are considered.
- Students will be notified of admission soon after submitting all required items.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- For verification of federal and Nebraska Wesleyan need-based aid, submit the FAFSA application after October 1.
- Enter in the college release and certification section the full name of Nebraska Wesleyan University and College Code 002555.
- NWU reviews FAFSA applications as soon as all required admissions application documents are received and an offer of admission has been made.
- Submit a $350 tuition deposit to accept the offer of admission and confirm commitment to attend NWU.
Have test scores, transcripts, and other required materials mailed to:
Nebraska Wesleyan University
5000 Saint Paul Avenue
Lincoln, NE 68504-2794
For more information contact NWU Admissions at 402.465.2218 or email@example.com.